Academy of Finance
The Elmira High School Business Department is pleased to present the Academy of Finance (AOF) program for Elmira High School students, 10th-12th grade. This program is affiliated with the National Academy Foundation (NAF) and provides tremendous benefits to students. Please go to naf.org to learn more. Students will acquire universal business skills and knowledge with a focus on the Financial Industry. Academy graduates will have a vast array of industry sponsored activities including field trips, shadow days, classroom speakers, paid internships, and college credits for courses. The Academy of Finance is sponsored by the National Academy Foundation and is one of over 650 academies nationwide. The National Academy foundation model was developed with leading industry and education representatives to ensure that the curriculum and activities are both current and relevant. Students enrolled in the Academy will receive a Regents Diploma with an expanded certificate of Financial Studies issued by the National Academy Foundation.
Click on the documents on the left learn more about this exciting opportunity for students, including the Student Application.
How does the EHS Finance Academy work?
Elmira High School | Academy of Finance
2018-19 Advisory Board Members
- Shelly Allen, Elmira City School District
- Hillary Austin, Elmira City School District
- Pam Burns, Chemung Canal Trust Company
- Alison Devita, Chemung Canal Trust Company
- Molly Duffy, Elmira City School District
- Justin Faulkner, Chemung Canal Trust Company
- Neil Folnsbee, Corning Credit Union
- Colton Herrington, H & H Associates
- Kyle Herrington, H & H Associates
- Luke Herrington, H & H Associates
- Jay Hillman, Elmira City School District
- Susan Houghtelling, Arnot Ogden Medical Center
- Laura Johnson, Elmira City School District
- Christopher Krantz, Elmira City School District
- Tammy Davis, Citizens & Northern Bank, Chairperson
- Josh Palmer, Swan & Sons-Morss Company, Inc.
- Elaine Perkins, Elmira City School District
- Damian Saks, Elmira City School District
- Stacy Ward, Elmira Savings Bank