Elmira City School District
Autism Support Group
2018-19 Parent Support Group Meetings
Booth Education Center, 414 Davis Street, Elmira
Purpose: The purpose of ECSD’s Support Group Meetings is to provide parents an opportunity to talk about the challenges that they face daily and network with others who may have faced the same challenge and had success. An important function of our meetings will be to introduce families to others like themselves, who can provide much needed information and emotional support. Our meetings will offer a place for parents to share experiences, get information and advice and make long-lasting friendships.
- How is School Going?
- Knowing How to Advocate for your Child
- Improving Home-School Communication
- Understanding your Child’s IEP
- Inclusion and your Child with Special Needs
- Building Independence and Structure in the Home
- Dealing with the Impact on the Entire Family
- Investigating Community Resources with Possible Speakers
- 'Autism Awareness Month' Family Fun Hour
*We welcome you and your child to take part in making a craft for Autism Awareness
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviors
- Easing the Transition from School to Summer and then Back to School
For more information about the Autism Support Group, contact Kim Affeldt-Sanford,
district autism consultant teacher, at 735-3042.
Thank you to Elmira City School District Employees Joy Stanton, Assistant Supervisor of Special Education, and Kim Affeldt-Sanford, Special Education Teacher for Autism Support, who attended the Jackals Hockey Autism Awareness Night on Saturday, November 21 to support the Jackals in raising awareness of autism.